- Match Report
- Memorable Moments
Wombats win turf war
A report was supposed to come from Yusry, but he has failed yet again to pop his match report cherry!
- Great snare from the Dinosaur to finish the game at midwicket.
- Two great snares by Patmore behind the stumps, particularly the 2nd one down the leg side.
- Deano at square leg unable to snare one he would normally take any day of the week.
- “What if the Qantas Koalas are all gay cabin attendants?” – queries the captain of TWCC
- Richie B: “Snarler”. Kiwi for “sausage” apparently.
Great Moments in Sport
- Patmore reminding the Wommies that he knows a bit about cricket after foretelling an orthodox runout would claim one of the Paddy Foley’s opening pair.
- Yusri getting fired up and charging in hard during his 2nd spell to clean up the tail. Even saw the chainsaw come out of the shed.
- Great death bowling by Sulaiman, Yusri, and Dean which followed up a top spell of spin by Aamir to take the game away from Foley’s.
- Incredible off-cutter by Sulaiman in his 2nd spell to cut through Prashant and rattle his off stick before he reached 50.
- Opening partnership back at it with a solid 95 (Patmore and Richie).
- Overall fielding being as good as I have seen it in a while.
- Luke Eyes fielding at Point. Didn’t count a single misfield, even on tough ones.
- Laids’ efforts with the bat, showing the middle order how it’s done.
- Vintage Dino not leaving alone a dubious LBW against him by taking potshots at the umpires at every chance to show his displeasure at their decision while in the field.
- Yuzzy blaming the bat only for Deano to walk out with it and hit a 6 and a 4 off the first two balls.
- Deano telling Patmore he didn’t want to bat, before heading out and whacking a massive 6 and 4.
- Laids telling Patmore to pick up all the Dummies he left on the ground.