- Match Report
Wombats No Match (Report) For Alpha
|Tokyo Wombats CC vs Alpha Quashers Yokohama CC|
|Japan Cricket League 2019 (Div. 1), Fuji 1, Shizuoka, August 3, 2019|
|Umpires||Men in Blue CC|
|Result||AQCC won by 197 runs|
|TWCC MoM||A Gurnani|
|Alpha Quashers Yokohama CC Innings: 268/8 (40.0 overs)|
|N Kanungo†||b D Abbott||22||34||2||0||64.71|
|V Jayakumar||c L Eyes*† b A Gurnani||11||13||2||0||84.62|
|R Kesari||c A Jacob b A Gurnani||4||7||1||0||57.14|
|S Pedada||c & b A Gurnani||89||79||8||3||112.66|
|K Vellingiri||lbw b D Abbott||4||16||0||0||25.00|
|G Singh||c L Eyes*† b H Bugalia||34||31||4||1||109.68|
|M Joseph||b S Swaffield||18||18||3||0||100.00|
|N Chhajed||c D Abbott b V Bandi||0||5||0||0||0.00|
|T Chaturvedi||not out||12||17||0||0||70.59|
|R Tanwar||not out||50||23||6||2||217.39|
|Extras||(b 0, lb 0, w 21, nb 3)||24|
|Fall of wickets|
|19-1 V Jayakumar, 25-2 R Kesari, 56-3 N Kanungo†, 71-4 K Vellingiri, 141-5 G Singh, 171-6 M Joseph, 172-7 N Chhajed, 205-8 S Pedada|
|Tokyo Wombats CC Innings: 71/9 (22.3 overs)|
|J Shearer||retired hurt||16||24||3||0||66.67|
|E Hitchman||b G Singh||4||8||0||0||50.00|
|D Abbott||b G Singh||0||3||0||0||0.00|
|J Samarji||c N Kanungo† b T Chaturvedi||1||15||0||0||6.67|
|M Rathnasena||c N Kanungo† b b N Chhajed||0||13||0||0||0.00|
|L Eyes*†||b T Chaturvedi||0||9||0||0||0.00|
|S Swaffield||c Kanungo† b N Chhajed||0||1||0||0||0.00|
|V Bandi||c G Singh b T Chaturvedi||5||11||1||0||45.45|
|H Bugalia||lbw b T Chaturvedi||0||1||0||0||0.00|
|A Gurnani||not out||21||32||5||0||65.63|
|A Jacob||c Unsure b K Vellingiri||4||18||0||0||22.22|
|Extras||(b 1, lb 1, w 18, nb 0)||20|
|Fall of wickets|
|16-1 E Hitchman, 16-2 D Abbott, 31-2* J Shearer, 33-3 J Samarji, 33-4 M Rathnasena, 33-5 S Swaffield, 37-6 L Eyes*†, 37-7 H Bugalia, 41-8 V Bandi, 71-9 A Jacob (*J Shearer retired hurt at 22.3 over mark)|
- AJ, via an assist from Dino – nice catch in the slips to get things started.
- Malith – who had his sunglasses on his head, missed a skied catch when the ball went into the sun.
- Sam dropping his first chance after a misfield just before in true wombats fashion.
- New wommie Sam paying for a brilliant debut with the ball, with an unbelievable chafe, ” im in agony, I could be bleeding down there I reckon”
- AJ- but what if their girlfriend is also pregnant.
Great Moments in Sport
- James – finishing only 49 runs off his maiden Half Century for the Wommies!
- Aj and Achal taking us above the Ireland Lords score so we weren’t at complete rock bottom.
- All wombats when realising the umpire after receiving a double appeal and crumbling under the pressure, proceeded to ask his square leg about lbw/caught behind decision, then after conferring gave it out. Wanker!
Golden Thong Nominations
- The bushes and hedges around the boundary at Fuji – F**k you
- Sam – hitting one straight out of the middle in the nets, through the net, straight into Ev’s back while warming up for his dig, looked like he was bang in form. Then got out for a Golden Duck!
Wyndham Estate Man of the Match
vs Alpha Quashers Yokohama (August 3, 2019)
With 3 wickets and 21 runs from the number 10 position, Achal was the only shining light in the Wombat's heavy defeat to Alpha Q. In fact, Gurnani's knock of 21 this low down the order is a new record for the club, eclipsing the previous record of 12* runs way back in 2005! Achal's tenacity earns him a bottle of wine as this week's Wyndham Estate Man of the Match.