- Match Report
Wombats Defeat Stars in Cricket Karma Clash
Such a big game and still nobody could be bothered to write a match report…
|Tokyo Wombats CC vs Rising Stars CC|
|Japan Cricket League 2020 (Div. 1), Fuji 2, Shizuoka, September 12, 2020|
|Toss||Tokyo Wombats CC|
|Result||Tokyo Wombats won by 7 wickets|
|TWCC MoM||H Bugalia|
|Rising Stars CC Innings: 138 (30.1 overs)|
|T Sunny||b Z Bappi||14||19||1||0||73.68|
|M Alamgir||c A Patmore*† b M Ali||33||69||1||1||47.83|
|N Sayed||lbw b H Bugalia||2||13||0||0||15.38|
|S Sobhan*||c H Bugalia b M Ali||21||14||1||2||150.00|
|S Johny†||b J Lewis||2||10||0||0||20.00|
|A Alam||c J Shearer b J Lewis||3||9||0||0||33.33|
|A Chowdhury||c A Patmore*† b K Jinasena||23||14||2||2||164.29|
|M Hasan||c R Bracefield b R Chandimal||13||19||0||0||68.42|
|S Robin||c J Shearer b R Chandimal||1||9||0||0||11.11|
|R Kabir||b Z Bappi||1||3||0||0||33.33|
|A Bhuiyan||not out||0||0||0||0||-|
|Extras||(b 0, lb 1, w 23, nb 0)||24|
|Fall of wickets|
|32-1 T Sunny, 39-2 N Sayed, 64-3 S Sobhan*, 72-4 S Johny†, 78-5 A Alam, 117-6 A Chowdhury, 125-7 M Alamgir, 136-8 M Hasan, 138-9 S Robin, 138-10 R Kabir|
|Tokyo Wombats CC Innings: 140/3 (33.1 overs)|
|A Patmore*†||lbw b S Robin||35||59||5||0||59.32|
|R Bracefield||lbw b M Hasan||7||13||1||0||53.85|
|M Ali||not out||37||78||3||0||47.44|
|Z Bappi||c M Alamgir b A Alam||18||22||2||0||81.82|
|M Rathnasena||not out||18||27||1||1||66.67|
|Extras||(b 1, lb 0, w 19, nb 0)||20|
|Fall of wickets|
|24-1 R Bracefield, 78-2 A Patmore*†, 99-3 Z Bappi|
- Richie running from mid on to mid off to take a high one.
- Himan the ball after drinks and ‘The Event’.
- Malith’s dropped catch of skipper which lead to the dramatic incident against the Rising Stars. A tough catch under a very high ball at extra cover.
- Richie carrying the ball over the boundary for 6 in front of the Rising Stars bench. Tough one, champ.
- Wish Ken was here” mumbled by several Wombats after Patmore was keeping the Wombats emotions in check as the umpires left to deliberate after the dramas. No doubt, Ken D would have definitely made his voice heard (probably would have taken his shirt off too).
Great Moments in Sport
- Himan’s catch of the opponent skipper just one ball after Richie took a tough catch on the cow boundary, but allegedly stepping on the boundary rope. The Rising Stars lost the plot and stopped the match in protest, the skipper refusing to leave the field, forcing the clueless umpires to reverse their decision. The catch now adjudged a 6. Richie adamant he was clear of the rope and fuming. Karma kicked in quickly, as the very next ball, the skipper holed out Himan at deep square from a full toss by Ali. Send offs ensued.
- ‘The Event’. Richie’s in-and-out juggling catch to remove the skipper. The Rising Stars collective dummy spit. The look in the umpire’s eyes when they realize they’re out of their depth. The skipper refusing to leave the field. Drinks taken with the knowledge of a key breakthrough. Why are the umpires approaching me? “We’ve changed our decision”. Get on with it lads. Ali’s full bunger first up. Himan’s catch. Cue scenes of pandemonium reminiscent of the World Cup final last year. But if Jos Buttler was flipping the double-bird and Eoin Morgan was calling Kane Williamson a c***.
- Malith’s 6 to win the game.
- Rising C**** whole team losing the plot following the drama.
- Rising C**** captain after the match at his team. Spittle flying everywhere.
- Richie protesting his borderline catch.”You stole my idea!” Dino to Malith after the game, as he had voiced his plan to hit a 6 to win the game, but alas was next man in.
Golden Thong Nominations
- James – “Batsman’s Name?” While scoring…
- Every Rising Star appeal.